Physical intervention Guidance for early years’ staff.
Aims and Objectives
This course is to give Early Years staff and managers the latest guidance on:
- best practice
- the legal implications and
- risk reduction strategies
in the event that they have to apply a restrictive physical intervention i.e. restricting a pupil’s movement should they become at risk to themselves or others.
What your staff will learn
The Aim of this course is to give staff clarity and confidence that they are acting in the best interest of the child during a potentially harmful situation or if the child has lost control.
- Safe holding principles
- Legal rules for the use of restraint with Children.
- Government guidance in the educational sector – the use of ‘Reasonable Force’.
- The risks inherent in restraint/intervention scenarios and how to reduce or avoid them.
- Health and Safety provisions for managing safety in your setting (Duty of Care).
Maximum of 12 attendees per instructor
This course is delivered at your venue, typically over 2 hours and is available as an early evening session 6.30-8.30.
Weekend or daytime sessions available on request
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss your nursery staff safety training requirements